Christopher Walken Pisses Excellence

|

Yesterday for Mother's Day I went over my moms and cooked her a nice dinner. I grilled up some steak, mashed up some potatoes, and medleyfied a bag of vegetable medley for the meal. Oh and I also got her a box of white grenache, Franzia style because thats what she requested. After dinner I was feeling quite exhausted since I went to bed late the previous few days and also had a few cocktails before, during, and post dinner. Logical decision was to stay over and go straight to work in the morning.

TV sucked so I decided to watch King of New York, which I had received as a Christmas Present. Christopher Walken plays this bad-ass kingpin gangster dude named Frank White, which is who Notorious B.I.G. references many times in his songs. It also has Lawrence Fishburn, David Caruso, Steve Buscemi and Wesley Snipes among others. Awesome movie, so I recommend seeing it. Not to spoil anything, but there is one scene where a drug deal is about to go down between Walken's crew and some South American dudes. Things are pretty tense because they cant agree to a price and all of the sudden Lawrence Fishburn bursts in the door dressed like a bell-hop and screams "ROOOOOOM SERVICE MOTHERFUCKAZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" and shoots up the room. Very random and gangsta.

The point of this entry is how much I enjoy Christopher Walken. Off the top of my head I can tell you he is awesome in The Deer Hunter, Batman 2, Pulp Fiction, Suicide Kings, Catch Me If You Can, Waynes World II, plus all those SNL appearances. His delivery and rhythm of speech makes him very funny without appearing to be intentional. Instead of ranting about my man-crush on him, Im just going to post my favorite media of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XtuPvwBa2U - SNL Census

This really sucks that youtube wont let me embed this video clip because this is one of the funniest skits I have ever seen. Walken plays a weirdo who may or may not have just got out of jail and is engaged by a Census worker. He asks Walken all these questions and just receives off the wall answers. Example:

Census-Taker: So, you work a full day?
Mr. Leonard: I wouldn't say that. There are huge chunks of time.. at night.. where I'm just asleep. For hours. It's ridiculous.

This is a video that is extremely well known and has spawned several novelty t-shirts:




SNL is really gay and doesnt let their videos on youtube, so this is some weird picture mash-up w/ the audio from the skit.

Some dude got a tat of Walken. Thats pretty extreme bro.


Aside from the Census video, this is probably one of my favorite Walken pieces. His "two mice" speech he gave in Catch Me If You Can:


This is from when they are playing russian roulette in the Deer Hunter. Trippy movie.



Here is a clip of Christopher Walken on the Simpsons reading to small children:



Ive never seen this movie but I think it comes out soon. Looks pretty sweet.

I just got really busy at work so this post sort of lacks any humor or direction, but I hope you enjoyed the Christopher Walken stuff. This is probably the worst entry I have done yet but...here are some links for more Christopher Walken enjoyment:

0 comments:

Post a Comment